Importance of GrateSump
If you have been watching the news lately, it has not escaped your eye that flood storms are on the rise in the U.S more than ever. In fact, last spring, the United States Geological Survey (USGS) gave more flood warnings than in any other year over the last 14 years.
As a homeowner, especially in low lying areas, this should get you thinking about basement water control lest you are caught unawares. If you have a basement in your home, this is the weakest point of your structure during a storm and it can cause devastating damage to the entire structure.
For instance, during the Florida floods where disasters were declared in five counties, most homes with basements and no water control systems were rendered inhabitable afterwards.
A Handy Water Control System
It is for this reason that the GrateSump is creating a buzz in construction industries the world over. Of course sump pumps have been in use for decades, but this system brings in more novelty hitherto unseen in the industry. Like every sump pump, it pumps rising water from the basement through a discharge pipe, but that is where similarities end.
The GrateSump system is an engineered sump pump housing whose central feature is the grated sides which allow water to easily drain in and get pumped out. The two sides facing the foundation are fitted with grates meaning the entire soil structure is not compromised in order to get water into and out of the sump pump. Unlike the common designs of pumps in the market, this one is easy to understand. It is also ergonomically designed with a compact design and an easy to open cover that reveals the housing and components. The liners have a permanent mesh filer which is also easy to clean thus averting any clogging risks to your pump. To appreciate the reason this pump should form part of your basement water drainage system, consider these few factors.
- Enhancing structural stability: Ordinary sump liners are deep in order to remove water from below and this in turn compromises the solid supporting your home’s foundation. By having the open grates, it draws water from under the basement slab thus not undermining your foundation.
- Performance and reliability: With a sump pump stand already built in the product, it is primed for optimal performance once put to task.
- Increased water flow while still resisting clogging and iron.
- Easy installation and maintenance.
- An ingeniously fitted dehumidifier drain plug which you can use to connect.
There are many other benefits including the dual combination with a backup pump, computerized controller, double switch for added reliability, deluxe dual float controller, among others.
Impressive is all you have to say before calling your professional contractor to fit one for you today.